You know, my family always bought the canned cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, so I think I sort of assumed that real cranberry sauce was hard to make — otherwise, why would they buy it in a can? But, to my surprise, I was able to whip up a batch today in around 15 minutes…INCLUDING cook time. Furthermore, said batch only contained three ingredients! How much simpler can it get than this?
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1 12 oz. bag cranberries
- Add sugar and orange juice into a small to medium sized pot. Dissolve sugar at medium-low heat. Stir until dissolved.
- Add cranberries when mixture is hot.
- Listen for the cranberries’ to “pop”.
- Allow to cook a bit longer while occasionally stirring.
- Remove from heat and let cool before refrigerating.
- Allow to congeal in fridge for several hours before eating.
The refrigeration in our case will be the trunk of the car (thanks, New England!) as we travel back to New Hampshire to see our families. I am so excited! As I’m sure I’ve told you a million times before, this is my favourite day of the year. I just can’t wait to spend it with both of our families in one big warm, yummy smelling house. I leave you with some photos of my finished harvest banner and the hopes of a wonderful holiday for you and yours. Please travel safely, there’s a storm a comin’!