Homemade Play Dough
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Water
4 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- Mix ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat and carefully take out one smallish chunk of dough (however much you want to make of your first colour). Cover the top to keep the rest warm while you work with one colour.
- Add drops of food colouring as desired and kneed dough until the colour is fully mixed. Store this hunk in a container or plastic bag.
- Repeat with different colours until all of the dough is gone.
I made this play dough as a gift for my niece, but quickly realized that it would be even better if I had made it with my niece. This recipe is very child friendly, very quick, and very simple. Give it a go!