Creamy, Cheesy Potato Soup!
- In a medium sauce pan, saute two cloves of minced garlic & one stalk of scallions (use onion if you have one) in a bit of canola oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add four chopped potatoes & saute for a few more minutes.
- Add 3 cups of vegetable broth, salt, other spices if you have them, & after letting it come to a boil, cover it & reduce heat to a simmer.
- Allow to cook for 20 or 25 minutes until potatoes have become very soft.
- Add about a handful of fresh cilantro, stir, let it cool for a minute or two.
- Transfer soup into a blender & blend until creamy.
- Transfer back into sauce pan, turn heat on low, add grated or small chunks of cheese, stir until cheese is melted.
This is another super yummy soup (soups are such a perfect meal for locavores — big batches last forever and are easy on the go) that we figured out last year and I wanted to pass along again. The best part about this one is that it’s really easy and it has very few ingredients.
I haven’t been posting our recipes this year because we haven’t stepped out of our comfort zone as much. We’re not as dedicated to the local cause as we were last summer so we’re not forced to be creative like we were then. I’ll try to come up with something new for you soon!
Until then, happy eating!