BROCCOLI + CHEESE SOUP:
- A couple of glugs of olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 potato, cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Two chunks of butter (my measuring skills are so exact!)
- Salt to taste
- Add the olive oil, garlic, and carrots to a large pot. Stir until carrots are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add flour and mix. Add stock and whisk.
- Add the broccoli and potato.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk. Once the soup has warmed up a little, add the cheese and butter.
- Let it all melt together for a couple of minutes while stirring occasionally, and you’re done!